~Psalm 98:1~

"Sing to the Lord a new song,
for He has done marvelous things..."

Saturday, April 30, 2011

♬ Ding, Dong the Bells are Gonna Chime! ♬

Today is a big day in the life of one of my role models. Honestly, I think today is a big day in the life of MANY girl's role model.

Today, Courtney Blake becomes Courtney Allison.


Don't know Courtney? For the sake of sounding like a creepy stalker woman, let me explain why this is such a big deal to me (and so many others!)...

In my mind, Courtney has been a "champion" of sorts for single women (around Faith especially) for a while now. I have had many a chat (and read many a blogpost) about living life for Christ as an unmarried woman that have encouraged my heart and strengthened my desire to be content and in love with my Savior, whether I married "Mr. Right" or not.

***Also, before I go any further let me explain something: I don't want this to sound like a eulogy ~which I fear it is starting to...-~because I know that in marrying Scott, her days of encouraging single women are not over: they're just taking a new turn. *Phew* ok...now that you're with me, I continue...****

My favorite quote from Courtney:

"I decided that I would never be that. I would never be the girl who believed that her ultimate satisfaction lay in a man and a rock."

Well, guess what....as of today, she will have both a man (Scott Allison, woot woot!!) and a rock (which is beautiful, by the way!!). And it encourages me beyond imagination to know that even now, she seeks to make this only secondary satisfaction compared to the love and satisfaction she finds in the risen Savior. Whether or not my story ends up where Courtney's is today, I want to be able to say the same:

That whatever my relationship or marital status, Christ and Christ alone can satisfy. He is and always will be the most worthy of my worship and deserving of my love. He alone can satisfy the deepest longings of my heart. He is enough.

Courtney, you have been such an incredible source of hope and encouragement for me (and many other women, I know!) in ways I'm sure I never told you and you will might never fully know. Thank you for being an example of a godly single woman who lives for Christ despite the cries of the culture that life is not worth living without that "special someone." Thank you for being a picture of what it looks like to strive each day to find the highest joy in life in serving Christ no matter the circumstances.

You have reminded me that marriage is a beautiful thing. (I don't think I ever struggled to agree with you there!) But more importantly, you have also taught me that it is not necessarily marriage or singleness that matters most. You have taught me that what matters most is whether or not I serve and love Christ to my utmost - whether I'm currently in either category.

So, Courtney, on this your wedding day, may I say I am SO incredibly happy for you and I praise Jehovah Jireh for rewarding your patience and your determination to rely on Him alone in your singleness. I pray you will continue to do so now in this beautiful union of marriage to Scott. Even now, your "greatest happiness and satisfaction" should not and cannot be found in a man and a rock on your finger, and it warms my heart to know that you know this all too well. I'm so happy you have both. So. Happy.

May God be glorified through you in your marriage as I know He was in your singleness.

"Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
For His lovingkindness is everlasting."
~Psalm 106:1~



No comments:

Post a Comment