~Psalm 98:1~

"Sing to the Lord a new song,
for He has done marvelous things..."

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spring & Cleaning (and Spring Cleaning)


Well, it happened again.

I walked outside this morning into glorious sunshine and warmth. The rising sun on the way to teach was glorious and seemed to electrify all the new spring colors of green and purple with new life. It was so beautiful and warm I decided to put on a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. (Mistake #1)

Today was my spring cleaning day at Ben's new house (yay for the new home owner!!) since tenants are moving in this weekend. When I arrived home from teaching, I began loading my car up with the necessary cleaning supplies and some survival food items. Then I hopped into my car in blissful ignorance, thinking "Jacket? Sweatshirt? Pshh, in THIS weather?! No way..." and drove away. (Mistake #2)

On the drive towards West Lafayette, I
had the windows rolled down and the sunroof back, Chris August blaring....And by the time I got to 52, I had the windows rolled up, the sunroof closed, and the heat blaring....I think I hate spring....rather, I think spring hates me....
*scream of frustration*

So Ben, being the great boyfriend that he is, brought me a sweatshirt when he dropped by and all was well again.


Then it commenced. I have never been a fan of spring cleaning, but this time it was a little different. I had an empty, cute, little, (albeit dirty) house aaaaaall to myself - not to mention the fact that its always more fun to clean a house that's not yours. (I wish it wasn't true, but...it just is.) Just me, my music, and my cleaning supplies! And for the next 3 hours, it was Cleaning Lady vs. Spiders & Germs. No worries. I won. :D

Four most important things I learned from my day of Spring Cleaning:

1. My Number One Undesirable: a tie between dead bugs and spiderwebs. I hate them both with a passion. The banes of my soul.

2. Usually, when the freezer and refrigerator smell like sour cheese, there's a reason. And it probably won't be fun.

3. Spring means always bring a sweatshirt. No, seriously. I don't care how nice it looks out right now ~key words being "right now." Yes, you want it with you. ALWAYS.

4. Spring means rain. Cleaning means you're inside. Therefore, I have had a change of heart: spring cleaning is something to be celebrated and enjoyed. (But seriously though...bring on the summer!!)

3 comments:

  1. This is why I typically check the forecast before leaving. If there's a 20% chance of rain at any hour that I'm out on the hourly forecast, I bring an umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So who cares if cleaning your own house isn't fun? :) I would love to be next on your list....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spoken like a true mom...:) after my last class (of my FRESHMAN YEAR, I might add) is over today, we'll talk...;)

    ReplyDelete