~Psalm 98:1~

"Sing to the Lord a new song,
for He has done marvelous things..."

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Turning a New Page...

Let me begin by saying: Yes. I was one of those people. I was one of those I'll-never-do-the-blog-thing-because-I-don't-have-enough-thoughts-creativity-or-time-to-put-into-it people who faithfully follow friends' blogs, but stick up their noses at starting one for themselves.

Well...

So much for that idea...

I recently was required to start an "educational blog in one of my EDCI classes at Purdue...and I discovered something about blogging: I LOVE IT!!! I found myself actually enjoying the whole process....but I was constantly wishing I could post about things unrelated to "education, philosophy, and my professional development"....I took that as a sign....

So, here I am!

I'm excited to actually start posting about things that mean the most to me, namely my Savior and those He has placed around me to love and live life together with.

You will have to bear with me...I'm also one of those people who can rant and rave and go off on tangents till the cows come home before I realize my reader probably just fell out of their chair from boredom. However, I do have hope that perhaps this blog will be a way for me to get some of my thoughts out there, gather some insight from wiser people than I, and maybe even give a reader or two some encouraging things to think about along the way. My goal in these posts is to share some of my thoughts, discoveries, and experiences, since I have been given a new song.

Also, you should know that throughout these posts, I intend to make a common theme of "newness." Since surrendering my life to his lordship, my loving Savior Jesus Christ has not only taken away the old-Keri (the condemned, unjustified, destined-for-hell Keri,) He has replaced her with the new-Keri (a justified, forgiven, not-perfect-but-growing-in-love-for-Him Keri)....a new creation...He has given me a new song and I have every intention of sharing it with all who would listen...because I am so thankful He chose to save me in spite of myself.

Special Thanks to Courtney Blake (courtneyeblake.blogspot.com) for inspiring me to take a leap of faith and share my "new song" with the world! (Or at least with the blogging faithful...)

Hope you both enjoy and find encouragement through these posts! To God be the Glory...<3

"He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and will trust in the LORD..." ~Psalm 40:3

1 comment: