And boy, were we in for an enjoyable adventure!
Never judge a store by its building! Inside were myriads of books, all neatly organized and categorized by title, topic, age group, you name it! And the building itself was much larger than it had looked from the outside. There were little coffee tables, sofas, and antique reading chairs in random nooks throughout the store, and the overall atmosphere was antique, peaceful, and quiet. We wandered the store, picking up every antique or interesting book we found, for well over our half hour mark...I'm pretty sure we could have been in there for hours and been perfectly contented.
Wow. I'm so excited to have been blessed with a man who enjoys perusing through books just as much as I do. (He happily looked through everything from Dr. Seuss's "Oh the Places You'll Go" to Alexandre Dumas's "Count of Monte Cristo" with me!!) A jewel indeed...
So now I sit happily with a well-fitted diamond ring on my finger and a song of thankfulness in my heart for this man that my God has seen fit to bless me with, even in the little ways!
~Sorry for the potential mushiness factor...but it's just true :)
"My cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
~Psalm 23:5b-6~
No comments:
Post a Comment