
Well, that was an afternoon well spent.
You may say, "How can an entire afternoon spent at the poolside be well spent?!"
Because it was spent with my brothers, my Bible, and my Lord. :)
I LOVE reading beside the pool! Outdoors, sunshine...the perfect recipe for clearing my mind of all but the things of God. I definitely need as little distraction available to me as possible when it comes to my God-time, so a stolen hour or two by the pool was the perfect getaway... (Did I mention we have awesome next-door neighbors?!)
I also LOVE my brothers! My memories of past summers are chalk full of throwing each other into various bodies of water (including but not limited to my grandparents' pool and the Gulf of Mexico...*cough*CALEB*cough) I love the refreshing sensation of cool water after sitting awhile in the hot sun. I love the smell of chlorine and salt that we reek of after an afternoon of dunking and pushing each other into the (sometimes frigid) water. I just love summer brothers-sister time in general, come to think of it!
Summer brings the chance for all three of us to put aside school work and "live life together," as PV would put it. (PV is apparently the hip nickname for Pastor Viars around here...) I had a great time just spending time and laughing with them when they joined me for a few hours.
Oh the beauty of the little blessings of life, like lazy summer days by the pool...
No comments:
Post a Comment